CompTIA A+ Interview Questions and Answers
- May 3, 2021
- Posted by: sunaina rani
- Category: Uncategorized
CompTIA stands for Computer Technology Industry Association, which is a non-profit organization. It measures and offers various certifications in computer proficiency. The A+ certification is offered for proficiency as a computer technician. Find below CompTIA A+ Interview Questions and Answers which will help you get through the CompTIA A+ interview and exams.
1. What is a Personal computer?
A personal computer (PC) is a system of components that work together, A PC is computer hardware – not an operating system or application.
The components that make up a PC:
- Processor (CPU)
- Memory (RAM)
- Storage (Hard drive)
- Power supply
- Mouse and keyboard
- Video card
- Network card
- Cooling fan
2. What Is Storage Device?
3. What Is System Board (Mother Board)?
4. What Is Computer Memory? What are different types of RAM?
Computer memory is where your computer stores the data. Click here for more on computer memory.
5. What are different Hard Disk Drive Connector Types?
6. What are the different CPU Technologies?
7. What are the functions of an Operating System?
Operating System is the software that provides the ability to run computer applications. It
- Connects you to devices on your computer.
- Manages RAM.
- Prioritizes applications/processes.
- Connects to networks.
- Manages files and folders.
- Provides a graphical interface.
- Secures computer data.
Applications must be compatible with operating systems. Examples of operating system: windows XP,Vista, MAC, Linux, windows server.
8. Tell us something about Components and Terminology of Operating Systems.
9. What are System Files?
- Registry data files.
- INI – allows you to choose the OS or the OS with different boot options.
- NTLDR – the boot loader, not in vista, located in the root of the active disk partition, reads the boot.ini, if XP is selected, it runs ntdetect.com, then it runs ntoskrnl.exe and hal.dll, then reads the registry and loads device drivers.
- COM – to get information about hardware run by ntldr.
- SYS – used to boot windows from SCSI disk devices.
10. What are the different methods of Installing an Operating System?
There are multiple methods of installing an operating system. For many end users the OS comes pre-installed on their new computer and they never think about it. However, as a technician, it is very important to know how to install, re-install and upgrade an OS.
Methods of installation:
- Boot media – CD
- Boot media alternatives – DVD, floppy, or USB
- Network installation, remote installation service (RIS) or automated deployment services (ADS)
- Drive imaging – ghost